Thursday, December 14, 2006

Day +35


Well Dani has been very cranky today. She woke up around 1:00pm and had a raspy sound in her throat. I am hoping it is nothing. She has a Bone Marrow Biopsy and Aspiration tomorrow to see how well she is engrafting. They called today and said that they are moving it from the Procedure room to Surgery. I am assuming because of the issue with putting Hurler's patients under and their narrowed airways. I can feed her up till 5:30 am tomorrow morning (early morning ... groan) and she can have clear liquids until 8:00am. We have to be there at 10:00am and the procedure is scheduled for 11:45. I have a feeling we are going to have a long day tomorrow. If she has any sort of cold issue I will call it off. Jason and I are not taking any risk with her.

I am very frustrated at the moment with individuals taking advantage of bad situations. This is not necessarily related to Dani. It aggravates me to think someone would milk a situation for their own benefits. I have to sound off somewhere and I choose here because I have had the situation with medical personnel trying to send claims in on Dani when it was not a legit billing. How can someone use a person's illness to try to benefit from it? I watch every EOB (Explanation of Benefits) to make sure no one is making an extra dollar off of Dani being sick. Her bravery and strength in having to deal with this situation should not benefit someone else's pocket or experiences. I wish everyone felt this way and I also hope that I will not have to point out anything in the near future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look at those cheeks!

Glad to hear everything is going so well.

When this is all done (the BMT process), we will have to introduce the two "sisters"!

William, Katrina & Caitlin