Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Central Line Surgery May 23, 2006


Dani did so well today.

I woke her up at 3:15 am to give her a final bottle before the cut off time. We got to Children's around 7:05 (a little late) and got in pretty quickly. She was a trooper. Even though she was hungry she still manage to give us some smiles. Jason and I were nervous with the whole procedure. Jason was not convinced that the procedure was necessary at this time. There are cases of Hurler patients having issues with anesthesia because their wind pipes are smaller. We talked to the doctors and let her go. We just have to wait for a hour before the phone call that she did well. Probably another twenty minutes our beeper went off for me to go to Recovery.

I walked in to recovery and she was finishing her second 2 ounces of clear fluids and was really mad it was gone. She definitely let the nurses know. They handed her to me and she was such a welcome feeling in my arms. It amazed me the relief that came over when I held her. We stayed in there a total of 5 minutes and we were off to get Daddy to go to the room.

We got back to the room and they got 2 ounces of similac right away to give to her. She was on an IV drip but overall looked pretty well. She had a small mark on the corner of her mouth were the adhesive tape had been for the tube in her throat. I held her for a bit and Daddy talked to her and then we laid her down on the bed to try to rest awhile. You could tell she was still groggy from the anesthesia.

Grandma Dunn, Grandma Boni, and Trish were able to come back in the room. The picture I am posting is Miss Dani finding her thumb and resting. We were not in the room to long maybe an hour or two and they said we could go home she was doing really well.

Tomorrow morning a home nurse will come to show us how to flush her lines and check her dressing. Then at 10 am she has an eye doctor appointment.

Talk to you all soon

Kelli

No comments: