Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Day +152

We have not gotten a full report yet from blood work but Hemoglobins are up to 6.0 ... normal is 10.5 to 13.5. She has gotten 3 doses of steriods so far. They still have not gotten any blood to give her. They are hoping they will get it this morning. She slept fairly well considering better than Jason and I. Her blood pressure is a little low ... bottom number 30 or 33 depending but that is also them taking it with the automatic machine that does not like Dani. I have not heard that they are concerned about that yet.

I will update again when I know more.

3:07 pm ... We are still waiting for blood. We found out she has both cold and warm antibodies. With this anemia it is normally one or the other. They had to take a fresh sample of blood and measure the temperature of it to get the transfusion to match. We will hopefully be getting things going soon.

5:37 pm ... Frustration setting in. Well a half hour ago they had two samples they matched (although not perfect ones) and they were going to let Dr. Wilson decided which one to try. He did not like how "reactive" they were and decided to confer with Dr. Hayashi and run another set of counts and decide if they would just let her bounce back on her own. Of course this means she got stuck again. Her poor arms looks like target practice. Although she is being a trooper and did not cry at all with this last one. So we are still waiting ....

7:43 pm ...

Hemoglobins 5.2
WBC 11.6
ANC 1730

Ok well something is not right but we are not clear on what it is. We just got the lab results back but have not talked to the doctors again. I will let you know when I find out. Obviously her Hemoglobins are even lower than yesterday and her WBC are much higher. Maybe this will end up being viral ... not sure.

9:46 pm ...

At some point we are going to do a blood transfusion but I am not sure when. We are apprehensize about reactions and such but they said if anything goes wrong we will head straight to ICU.


Anonymous said...

Sorry you guys hit a bump in the road when everythig seemed to be going smoothly.

You and your family are in my prayers.

-Julie U

Stefanie, Jerome, Caleb and Mason said...

We are thinking of and praying for Dani as she gets through this next hurdle.
Love ya